Submission deadline: April 30, 2019
1. Marshall County High School Students up to age 18
2. Undergraduate College Students in Indiana up to age 24
~Films with undue profanity will not be considered for the competition
~Film running time must be 5 - 10 minutes
~Only one film entry per person is permitted
~Person submitting the film or the person's legal guardian warrants that the work submitted for this film competition is the filmmaker's original work no part of which is already copyrighted by another party, and that all participants in the production of the film are amateur. Further, the filmmaker warrants that they have the right and authority to grant GOW/LMFF the rights to screen the film before a live audience, and also that the film does not infringe on any copyrights or privacy rights (all rights and releases have been cleared by the filmmaker or filmmaker's legal guardian).
~Filmmaker retains sole copyright but permits Gift of Warmth/Lake Maxinkuckee film festival to use their film or images from it for promotion/marketing without compensation.
~Filmmaker must provide their film via a link to a Vimeo, YouTube, GoPro Splice, or some similar method that can be linked in an e-mail.
Please send your films to:
ALL of the following must be included with your submission entry:
Name and age of filmmaker(s)
Name of school or college you currently attend
Your film's title
High School Student Category:
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $250
3rd Place $125.
College Student Category:
1st Place: $1000
2nd Place: $500
3rd Place: $250
- Filmmakers of entries selected for the competition will be notified on or before June 14, 2019.
- In order to have the film screened and cash prize awarded, the filmmaker must be able to attend the film festival where the screening and competition will take place in Culver, IN, on Friday, August 30, 2019. No exceptions. Selected films will be shown on a large screen and the audience will vote for their choices of winners in each category.
The maker(s) of the films selected for the festival will be sent by US Postal Service mail an entry form to sign and immediately return to the provided address on the form. If entrant is under age 18 and their film is selected for the festival, parent or legal guardian must also sign the entry form and warrant the rights.
* IF SELECTED, entrant will need to submit a DVD with their film on it so that it can be viewed on a large screen by the audience during the film festival.
- The selection of the finalists and winners is at the sole discretion of the Gift Of Warmth/Lake Maxinkuckee Film Festival. By submitting a link and film for this competition, entrant hereby indemnifies the GOW/LMF, its successors, licensees, assigns, officers, directors, employees, and any representatives thereof, against any and all claims, expenses, losses, or damages (including reasonable attorney fees) incurred by reason of the breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.